How to run the Digimon DPower US PC Game
I’ve been working on a video covering the US release of the Digimon DPower Digivice and Digimon DPower US PC Game that came with it, but I thought I might as well write down how I got it running for myself. Make sure you’re subscribed over on YouTube so you don’t miss out!
What you’ll need
- D Power US (this is different from the EU/SEA, Korean, and Japanese releases – look for a D Power with a bright orange round button, not a red or reset button)
- A 9 pin serial female to 2.5mm cable (this came packaged with the D-Power so I’m not sure if buying any similar cable will work or not)
- Prolific 9 pin Serial male to USB cable (specifically get one with the Prolific driver, I’ve bought others that didn’t work that had different drivers)
- The D Power Game disc (Mine came with one, but if you are missing it, you can find it on archive.org)
- Might be important: The Official 2002 patch from Bandai over on the wayback machine. The Setup.exe didn’t work properly until I installed this. I just got the plain background without the installation wizard.
- Serial code – if you don’t have one, use Q94ZZ1E79F
- A PC with either a disc drive (internal or external) or something to mount the disc file from archive.org (Windows should have the ability itself, but you can also try PowerISO)
What to do
Once you’ve gotten everything ready, plug in your cables to your PC and load up Device Manager on you PC. Under COM devices, make note on the port number of your Serial cable (COM3, for example). Right click and properties. Change the values to the values in the screenshot below.
It’s important to note that all functionality is there EXCEPT the online portion which had their servers shut down nearly two decades ago.
If you can’t get it working, you’ll have to stay tuned for my Digimon DPower US PC Game video!
You can help out the podcast and blog in the following ways:
- Donate via our PayPal
- Nabbing something cool from our Redbubble
- Our Patreon (if you’d like to make more than just a one-off donation)!
- May’s ko-fi account!
- By spreading the word!
And thank you to our supporters on Patreon; Steven Reeves, Kaida Washi, Chisai, Neoboo, Lizmet, Nicholas, Emory, Magnus, Lucas, Jaceymon05, Patrick, Jason, Shelby, TheDigitalHazard, Dedicated Gazi, Ellimist, Toropiamon, and VeemonTamer
Be sure to check us out on our various social media accounts: