Will this be a write up of a nostalgic Digimon from Digimon World 1 or 2003, Frontier, or 02 this time, I wonder…
X is For…
What? Did you expect me to pick something that wasn’t from one of those four releases? No, I’m very predictable in my choices and today I’m choosing to write about XVmon.
XVmon is a nostalgic Digimon for me for a few reasons;
- He was in Digimon World 2003, duh
- He was in Digimon Adventure 02, despite his evolution episode being one of the most annoying episodes of the season, it was still cool to see the 02 children get new evolutions.
- The first time I found out about him I was playing on my D3 toy, which basically spoiled evolutions for me (but, as a child, I didn’t really care).
Basically, XVmon is a triple threat in terms of nostalgia fuel as I was exposed to him in the video games, the anime, and in the Digivice toys. I like how simple the designs of Vmon and XVmon and how logical the evolution from one to the other is – he just gets bigger and I love that.
In addition to XVmon’s triple threat nature, I also had a few knock off mini figures from the $2 shop (sadly lost them at some point) and, from memory, it was XVmon, Stingmon, and Paildramon. I have fond memories of playing with these and other $2 shop knock off Digimon figures in the Christmas Tree and then getting in trouble for knocking glass baubles off the tree.
I also really like the colour blue.
So who is the most nostalgic Digimon that starts with the letter ‘X’ in your opinion? Let us know in the comments!
You can help out the podcast and blog in the following ways:
- Donate via our PayPal
- Nabbing something cool from our Redbubble
- Our Patreon (if you’d like to make more than just a one-off donation)!
- May’s ko-fi account!
- By spreading the word!
And thank you to our supporters on Patreon; Joe, AnimeGuy, Steven Reeves, Kaida Washi, Chisai, Kyle, Tom, Lizmet, Nicholas, Sam, Spiral, Keith, Magnus, Heemi, and Luke!
Be sure to check us out on our various social media accounts: